Children naturally love art – painting, drawing, doing crafts, making music and the theater. In our Project Sunset programming, we place a high value on the arts and have seen results when it comes from our youth engaging in activities.
- We learn to think creatively, with an open mind as well as to observe and describe, analyse and interpret
- We learn to express feelings, with or without words.
- We practice problem-solving skills, critical-thinking skills, music, theater and art-making skills
- Everyone discovers that there is more than one right answer, multiple points of view
- Youth learn to collaborate with other children and with adults
- Many people blossom and excel in the arts. Those with physical, emotional or learning challenges, can experience success.
- Arts build confidence. Because there is not just one right way to make art, everyone can feel pride in his or her original artistic creations.
- Arts build community. Schools with a variety of differences can celebrate the arts as one community.